1. About 45 years. 2. Because of the cold weather.
(1) start eating first if there are olderpeople at the table(2) Never / Don't use your chopsticks tohit an empty bowl(3) shake hands with the hosts
(4) You're not supposed to kiss / Youshouldn't kiss them(5) It's important to arrive at the meetingplace on time5. 成篇章
You must be excited about coming to Chinasoon. Let me give you some suggestions and advice about Chinese customs. Whenyou're eating at the table, it’s impolite to start eating first if there areolder people at the table. It’s polite to ask them to start first. Never useyour chopsticks to hit an empty bowl. Never stick your chopsticks into yourfood. In our house, you’re supposed to shake hands with the hosts when you meeteach other for the first time. You’re not supposed to kiss them. You can say“nihao” to them. When you go out with people, you should choose a meeting placethat is easy to find. It’s important to arrive at the meeting place on time.When in Rome, do as the Romans do.
Have a safe trip, and I look forward tomeeting you soon!
Ⅰ. 1. after all 2. dropped by 3. is expected to4. made an effort 5. got mad
Ⅱ. 1-5 DBFAG
1. are supposed to listen 2. are supposed to have3. to be 4. to listen 5. are expected tolisten6. to want 7. are supposed to listen
8. should learn
Ⅰ. 1. except 2. granddaughter 3. empty 4. behaved5. exchange 6. basic
Ⅱ. 1. make me feel athome 2. stuck; into
3. show up 4. pointing at
5. knocked at / on the door 6. got used to
7. went out of my way 8. about my age
1. customs 2. noon 3. exchange 4. greeted
5. got mad 6. dropped by 7. knocking 8. behave9. Gradually 10. suggestions
1. Billy, it's rude of you to point at theold man.
2. Have a good trip to Mexico, Mr. Green.
3. What am I supposed to wear to Katie'sdinner party?
4. Don't worry. I will tell you somecustoms in Brazil.
5. How are we supposed to go to the GreatWall tomorrow?
6. W: Tim, are people in your countrysupposed to shake hands or bow when they greet each other?
M: Neither. They kiss.
7. M: Tomorrow is Teachers' Day. What arewe supposed to do for Miss Yang?
W: How about having a party for her?
8. M: How do you like these dumplings,madam?
W: They taste very delicious. I'd like tocome here next time.
9. W: Why are you here, Leo? You aresupposed to study in the classroom now.
M: Oh, I'm late for class because of theheavy traffic. The bus went slowly.
10. W: Excuse me, sir. Your seat is in thenon-smoking area. You are not supposed to smoke here.
M: Oh, I'm sorry. I'll put out my cigar.
M: Li Hua, Mr. Li invited me to his houseto have dinner this Saturday. Should I arrive at his house earlier or later?
W: A little earlier, Tom.
M: Oh, in my country, we usually arrive alittle later.
W: Look! The students in Class 2 areworking hard.
M: Yes. They're supposed to work hard. Theywill leave school in a few months.
W: Look! Who are working on computers?
M: Oh, Bill, Lisa and Jane. And Mr. Brownis helping them.
W: Is the girl with short black hair Jane?
M: Yes. She is putting up her hand. I thinkshe has a question.
W: Who is reading a book there?
M: Bob. He doesn't like to talk withothers. I think he is supposed to work with others.
W: I agree with you.
I'm Li Hua. Last summer holiday, I traveledto South Korea. My pen pal, Laura, invited me to her home. I got to Laura'shome fifteen minutes late because of the heavy traffic. I took off shoes beforeI entered her home. Then I kissed Laura and her mother, but it was wrong. I wassupposed to bow instead. Then, we had dinner together. To my surprise, weshould sit on the floor and cross legs throughout the meal. The food thatLaura's mother cooked looked very nice, and I couldn't wait to eat. However,when I put the food into my mouth, I found it was too hot. Luckily, Laurapassed me some soup at once. My funny look made everyone laugh. Later, I got toknow drinking soup first is one of the table manners there. Though I made manymistakes at first, Laura and her mother were friendly to me and we had a goodtime there. During the visit, I learned more about South Korea and its customs.
Ⅰ. 1-5 CACBA Ⅱ. 6-10 BCCBA
Ⅲ. 11-15 BCBCB Ⅳ. 16-20 AABCA
Ⅴ. 21-25 BDBAC 26-30 CACCD 31-35 ADCCB
Ⅵ. 36-40 BCDAD 41-45 BABDC
Ⅶ. 46-50 ACDBG
Ⅷ. 51-55 DCBDD 56-60 BDCAA
61. June 21 62. Midsummer Pole
63. seven different flowers 64. huge fires
65. plant medicines
Ⅸ. 66. empty 67. capital 68. knocked
69. exchange 70. passport
Ⅹ. 71. make; feel athome 72. went out of her way73. clean; off 74. make an effort 75. dropped by
Ⅺ. 76. If 77. useful 78. visiting 79. scarves / scarfs80. chosen 81. to greet 82. by 83. yourself84. host's 85. longer
Ⅻ. One possible version:
I'm so glad you're coming to China! Beforeyou come, you should know about table manners in our country. Here is someadvice.
If you're invited to a dinner, there willbe a lot of different dishes, not just three courses. You may find it difficultto use chopsticks if you haven't tried before. It's a good idea to get somepractice before you come. When the food is served, you should wait until you'reinvited to eat. The plates will be placed in the middle of the table foreveryone to share. Take a little of everything and then have some more of thethings you like. During the meal, you should say how much you like it becauseit takes much time to prepare it.
I hope this is helpful. E-mail me if youhave any other questions.
英语周报系列小编收集整理了九年级新目标人教版的参考答案，在做完之后可以来答案圈核对一下，看看自己的答案是否正确！其他期的可以在答案圈内搜九年级新目标人教版即可搜到！20182018-2019英语周报九年级新目标人教版第14期答案 2018-10-23 09:58:45
英语周报系列小编收集整理的是九年级新目标人教版的第14期答案，在做完之后可以来答案圈核对一下，之前的版本也有，可以在答案圈内搜九年级新目标人教版可以查询！2018-2019英语周英语周报2018-2019九年级新目标人教版第12期答案 2018-10-23 09:30:07
英语周报系列小编收集整理的是九年级新目标人教版第12期的答案，在做完之后可以来答案圈看看，当然其他期的或者之前的也可以在答案圈内搜九年级新目标人教版，可以查询其他同版答英语周报2018-2019九年级新目标人教版第11期答案 2018-10-23 09:23:24